Every year everyone has these long list of resolutions and I’m no different, but this year I’m determined to not make the lazy/excuse monster get to me. So here goes nothing:
1. Stop making excuses- I am great at these. I have a reason for everything, blame it on my intelligence, but I have a theory, reason, explanation to why I won’t do something. I need to stop rationalizing and accept that I’m flawed and move on and do it or just say I won’t
2. Do something I love, even if it means failing! I have many hobbies, writing, flute playing, makeup, hair, fashion, even weight lifting, yet I do none of it. Why…… because I’m lazy. Me and my bff have made a pack that we will be holding each other accountable to accomplish one dream this year, mine is finally doing makeup. The reason why I haven’t done it… And I go back to resolution 1 because I don’t know how to do it well…. Hell i didn’t know how to be a nurse, I learned how, so I’m going to learn how to master makeup, even if I suck at it eternally,
3. Get healthy. I was going to say lose weight, but that’s not what it’s about. I always find I feel better feel more confidant, have more energy, feel sexier, when I’m in the gym and getting my work out on. Could be the endorphins, hell it could be the smaller portion of buttery goodness I’m serving (My affectionate name for my belly), but I’m always happier. Am I going to veto fries completely no, but I have cut back the portions.
4. Fall in love. I think so many women don’t put this on their list because woman are taught not to chase men or look for love. But it’s a priority so why not be proactive about it. But I am determined to be open to falling in love and open to going out a meeting new men or rediscovering the love that I have with someone else. I just know that what I have done in the past 11 months (I’m doing better this month 😉 ) ain’t working. As my 29th year of life approaches, I really would like the one thing that everyone wants: True Love.
5.Disciplined- I have horrible discipline (IE make excuse..look up 1) I really want to stick through things.
6. Save money- As I looked at my final pay stub and saw my take home. I simply wondered where did all the money go ok so about 15,000 went to household expenses and I did manage to pay off my car, and pull down my credit card bill but the rest…..is somewhere in my closet, was in my toilet(food and beverage) and my face (makeup). I really need to come to terms with a savings goal. I need to save at least $5,000 year minimum this year. I have no excuse (back to rule 1). I need to make outfits out of the walk in closet full of shoes and clothes scarves and crap that I haven’t worn. I know I won’t be able to go completely cold turkey, but come on. I need to fall back on the shopping!!!!! And embrace what I have…. which is a lot of shit.
So, expect something new every Thursday because I plan to blog at least every Thursday. So hopefully I have something good to say, whether it’s just my musing of life around me, it’s my new hurr (hair), my beat face or other faces I have beat (makeup lingo for popping makeup), shit maybe even an engagement ring! Hell anything can happen….. See you in 2013!!!!!!!